Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy St Patty's Day

Hi there everyone,

Yes, I know it's not St. Patty's Day yet. But hey it is a party invite. So gotta send them a little early. LOL.

Ok I love doing St. Patty's Day cards. Guess it the Irish in me. Oh yea not to mention it is part of our theme for The Outlawz Copic/Pro Marker challenge this week. St. Patty's/Irish/Green



I love this stamp. I have had it for gosh at least 16 or 17 years. I bought this when I first got into stamping. Do I know who makes it. Nope. I have tried and tried to remember and research to see who made it but cannot. I have a set of Easter stamps from the same place too. I am really sorry I don't have that info for you.

I have colored this jolly leprechaun with my Copic Markers.

The funny thing is when I went to see what "St. Patty's type of paper I had...opps none.

I ended up using a green striped paper that I found and for the green I stamped shamrocks with versa mark to create that piece of paper.

I added a piece of gold shear ribbon along with some gold pearls. At least the pearls are new. LOL

I also added stickles to the band around his hat and his pot of gold.

I hope that you have enjoyed my card today and will stop over and join in on the fun this week.

Be sure to check out my fellow DT's beautiful work. Simply amazing. Oh and Penny our guest designer has out done herself with her creation.

Thanks for stopping by today.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Inky Impressions Challenge Luck of the Irish use green

The Paper Shelter Anything goes

Whimsical Designs Use Green

Craft your passion Anything goes

Incy Wincy Designs Something Old/New

Paper Pretties Going Green

Delightful Sketches St Patrick's Day



12 comments:

Joey said...

Fantastic card and such a cute fun image, love him, thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions. Joey xx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Such a great card Jo!! He's so very jolly and I love the layout, everything co-ordinates so brilliantly :)

Carla S. said...

Such a fun card, Jo! Love the cute little leprechaun and big pot of gold!

Penny said...

Jo, this card is adorable! Love your leprechaun! I just want to pinch his cheeks. :^) And it was a great idea to stamp on the green paper!
As usual, thank you again for the very kind words!
Hugs,
Penny

coops said...

so stunning jo.really fab bold colours and design and i love the fun image ;D

xx coops xx

Payne Holler Cards said...

you so nailed the St Patty's theme! he is just to cute!! coloring is awesome!

happyscrapper said...

This is so cute. The image is so cute, and colored beautifully. I like how you made do with everyday papers. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches, and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at Delightful Sketches

Kerry said...

What a great card. Love your image & colours. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

Xonetra said...

Wonderufl coloring and Super cute card. Thanks for playing with us a Inky !!
Hugs DeNetra

mum of two said...

What a great card. You did a wonderful job coloring the leprechaun! Thanks for playing with us this week at Whimsical Wednesdays, hope you come play with us again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Esther said...

Such a fun, happy card!
Love the touch of sparkle you added!
Thanks for joining Whimsical Wednesday this week!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS…..and good luck….
Hugs Judith